Here are some simple tips from Headonist to help you look after your beautiful new hair colour
- Avoid shampooing, conditioning or wetting your hair for 48 hours
- With copper and red tones you must protect your hair with a ‘leave-in’ conditioner. Coppers and reds fade much quicker than other colours
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight as this will fade your colour
- Use a sun screen on your hair on holiday – sun, sea water and swimming pools will ruin your new hair colour
- Avoid medicated shampoos and shampoos with a high detergent, silicon, or alcohol content as these can strip the colour from your hair. Be kind to your hair! Your stylist can advise you of the best products to use
- Some very bright colours may initially rub off onto clothing and bed linen and these can also fade quicker than other colours (particularly reds). However this can be minimized by following these guidelines and using the correct quality homecare products
If you need some advice just give us a call.